Making cake pops isn’t extremely difficult at all. It’s not very time consuming either. They aren’t 100% real cake pops– they’re basically cake balls with sticks in them, however individuals can still carry them around like cake pops.
If you want your cake pops to be true cake pops, instead of cake balls with sticks in them, instead of putting them on a cookie sheet to dry, place the stick into Styrofoam for the finish to set. I desired mine to sit on the plate but still be cake pops, so that’s why I went the route I did.
Listed are steps by steps directions on how to make cake pops! Find out some techniques on how to accomplish delicious and appealing cake pops!
- 1 cake mix + ingredients listed on the box
- 1/3 cup icing
- Candy Melts
- 18 6 inch lollipop sticks
- Prepare a boxed cake mix as directed on the box.
- Let the cake cool.
- Crumble the cake into fine crumbs with your hands in a large bowl.
- Mix in about 1/3 cup of icing with your hands.
- Scoop out the mixture using cookie scoop, packing the cake mixture into the scoop as you scoop it.
- Smash the mixture in your hand to pack it tightly into a ball.
- Roll it into a nicely shaped ball.
- Roll the remaining mixture into balls.
- Put about 5 Candy Melt morsels into microwaveable bowl and melt them in the microwave.
- Dip your cake pop stick into the melted Candy Melt and quickly stick it into a cake pop at least half way down.
- Repeat with remaining cake pops.
- Set pops on a cookie tray.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Put Candy Melts into a microwaveable mug.
- Melt the Candy Melts as directed on the package.
- Dip the cake pop into the mug, evenly coating it.
- Let the coating drip off.
- Place cake pop on cookie sheet.
- If using sprinkles, add immediately before coating sets.
- Repeat for remaining pops.